Sunday, August 28, 2011

Thoughts For This Week


Out my window... I see our two younger children chasing each other through the back yard and squirting each other with their squirt guns! So much fun...

In our homeschool this week... we did absolutely nothing! The kids like to read a lot during the day, but we did not do any structured or planned activities.

Places we've been... My husband and I made the decision at the beginning of the week to "quarantine" the children until we leave for our trip overseas. There is a lot of sickness going around, and our kids frequent what I like to call those "cootie breeding" places. So, I was the only one allowed to venture out to do errands which included going to Michael's Arts & Crafts, Walmart, Target, Ross, Old Navy, Home Depot, the veterinarian's office, the dog groomer's salon, and probably other places that I just can't remember. The kids have been real troopers, entertaining themselves all week with dress-up fun, games, playing outside, etc...

My favorite thing this week... talking to my parents on the phone! We are really counting the days now until we see them again. It has been way too long- 2 months! But in just a few short days, we will be with them.

Things I'm working on...Packing around here is in full swing now. Since we will be gone for a month, we are trying to fit as much into our suitcases as we can, without going over the weight limit!

I'm reading... My Fundamentalist Education. I have read this book several times already, and it is such a funny reminder of my childhood days.

I'm cooking...spaghetti and meatballs with salad and garlic bread- YUMMY!!!

I'm grateful for... the opportunity for our family to travel to Europe for a month. It is such a blessing and I am so grateful to my parents for this gift! I know our children will see such wonderful, historical places and learn so much from our trip.

I'm praying for... a safe, and easy experience at the airports this next week, and for all of us to stay healthy! I'm also praying for our dog Buddy. He is like our baby and I think it is going to be a little sad for him while we are away! I know he will be in good hands, but we sure are going to miss him!






No comments:

Post a Comment