Sunday, August 21, 2011

Thoughts For This Week

Out my window... I see some really dark storm clouds heading right towards us! Rain storms are a daily occurrence in the summer here, and I never tire of watching them.

Places we've been... My little girl had an emergency dentist visit to remove a tooth that had cracked in half and was bothering her. Thankfully, it was a baby tooth and so we had the tooth fairy come by for a visit. Dentalina- that's our tooth fairy's name- has been quite busy at our house. This was her 3rd visit in a week! Our little boy and girl sure are raking in the money! Other places we went to this week are shopping at the mall with some homeschool friends, church, and to Border's Book Store to grab some great deals before they go out of business. Last of all, we went to Steinmart to see our daughter's book Tampa Bay From A to Z on display and for sale there. So exciting!

In our homeschool this week... my little guy finished reading his first chapter book- The Tortoise and the Hare. I am so proud of him! Lots of reading going on these days. We also have been working on math, and we've been re-organizing the school room for the new year. More on that to come in a future post.

My favorite thing this week... My uncle who was 98 years old died this year. No, that's not my favorite thing this week. But something my son said is! Our children were pretty close to him and enjoyed seeing him weekly. Well out of no where, my son asks "Hey where is Uncle Larry! I haven't seen him in a while." So, I again explained to him that he is in Heaven and doesn't live here anymore. My little boy looked at me for a second and said "Well, that explains it then." Too cute...

Things I'm working on... Yes folks, I am STILL laminating and cutting apart all those word cards. I see the end coming soon though! And the packing has officially begun for our trip.

I'm reading...The Story of the World Volume 1

I'm grateful for... my parents, who we soon will be seeing again after 2 long months apart.

I'm praying for...The next 10 days to go smoothly, and enough time to get everything accomplished that I need to before we go away on our trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment