Sunday, August 15, 2010

Color Cards Ideas



I found these cute little Disney paint color cards at Home Depot yesterday. We love all things Disney and so I thought these cards would be something I could use with my little guy for Kindergarten this year. I laminated the cards with my Xyron machine (which I absolutely adore!) and then I printed off these color word strips from Confessions of a Homeschooler (thank you!!!). What can you do with these color cards and words? Well, some ideas I came up with are:

  • identify the colors by sight
  • match the color word to the color card

  • use 2 sets of color cards to play memory

  • give the set of cards to your child and have them find 1 item in the house for each color

  • Cut up the color word strips and have your child spell the colors using the letter tiles


What other ideas do you have? I would love to hear anyone's suggestions for using these cute little cards, and the next time you're at the Home Depot, why not pick up a set or two?

No comments:

Post a Comment