Wednesday, September 15, 2010

1 Box + 1 Boy = Endless Possibilities

Some of my favorite learning moments come from activities many would consider "just play time". Take this scenario, for example. A large box arrived at our house recently. As soon as it entered the doorway, my little guy's eyes began to sparkle and he got this huge grin on his face. I could see his mind turning as he thought of all the fabulous things he could do with this wonderful box. In no time, he had his Home Depot apron on, gathered all his tools, and went to work. First, it was a space ship. Then, he decided it was an apartment building 9 stories tall and he needed to work on the roof and attic. He drilled, he measured, he hammered, he taped, he wrote all over his creation.  I would come by periodically to check on his progress and it amazes me how creative little ones can be with something as plain and simple as a box. He is still working on his apartment building today. Another box arrived this morning. I believe his apartment building may be getting an addition put on.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!!! My son is the same way with boxes....

    Btw: I wanted to let you know how much I love your blog so I chose you for a lovely blog award. Just visit my blog to pick it up. :)

    http://fiveintrainingforhim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete