Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Whew!!! What a wonderful, busy Valentine's Day we had. We started out our day with a nice breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast made by Daddy. He is such an awesome cook. I then started my little guy on his Valentine's activities. First, he sorted some cute little erasers I found last year at Target.
Next, he did all sorts of great activities I found at http://thoughtsofesme.blogspot.com  There were so many great Valentine's printables, we didn't get to do all of them! Here are some below:
The postman arrived with some Valentine's addition cards for him to complete.
He also used some of the Valentine's word cards and magnet letters to spell the words with.
He especially enjoyed this activity. I placed a number card in the empty space at the top of the page, and he had to count out Hershey Kisses and give them to the bear. Several of them were missing from the bear's paw, lol.
All three of our children made these cute mailboxes for park day last week with our homeschool group, but they used them again today to exchange cards with each other.
We enjoyed several Valentine's stories today. These were my little girl's favorites, but my little man liked Froggy's First Kiss the best!
Another great activity from http://thoughtsofesme.blogspot.com  was this sight word sorting game. I gave my little guy a word from the pile and he had to see if the letters in the word were found in the word "Valentine". If they were, they went on the left side of the sheet, and if not, they went to the right side of the sheet. So much fun!
I forgot to mention I made some cute workbox number cards for Valentine's Day and placed them on my children's boxes this morning, before they awoke. My older daughter particularly likes changing out her workbox number cards, and so I have created quite a supply!
Later, we all participated in a fun game of "Fill My Heart". I rolled the dice and whatever number came up, the player had to place that many conversation hearts on their board. The one who filled their hearts first was the winner. Everyone was a winner in my book though, since the game pieces are edible!

Last but not least, my 2 girls enjoyed some Valentine's wordsearches, sudoku puzzles, and a great scavenger hunt I found at http://sarahssweeties.wordpress.com before heading over to their grandparent's house for some Valentine treats.  I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day with the ones you love. I know I sure did and it makes me always think of one of my favorite Bible verses: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4 This verse really says it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment